Bolete Help

Please try to include photos to show all parts of the fungus, eg top, stem, and gills.
Note any smells, and associated trees or plants (eg oak, birch). A spore print can be very useful.
Forum rules
Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed. Any deaths or serious poisonings are the responsibility of the person eating or preparing the fungus for others. If it is apparent from a post that the fungus is for eating or smoking etc, the post will be deleted and a warning given. Although many members do eat fungi, no-one would be willing to take someone else's life into their hands.
Bazz
User

Bolete Help

Post by Bazz » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:24 pm

I came across a small group of Boletes , this one was about 10 cms across although there was some of larger size (15 cms), growing under Beech, overall greyish appearance with grey pores... little discolouration but turning yellowish on aging....I wondered if anyone as seen anything similar before ? maybe a cep(s) deformed.
Attachments
imageedit__7867895185.jpg
imageedit_1_2789155270.jpg

Flaxton
Frequent user

Re: Bolete Help

Post by Flaxton » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:36 am

Boletus edulis for me.
Mal

mollisia
Frequent user

Re: Bolete Help

Post by mollisia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:34 am

Hello,

I think its rather Boletus reticulatus thatn B. edulis, due to the cap structure.

best regards,
Andreas