Are these Shanklet ?

Please try to include photos to show all parts of the fungus, eg top, stem, and gills.
Note any smells, and associated trees or plants (eg oak, birch). A spore print can be very useful.
Forum rules
Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed. Any deaths or serious poisonings are the responsibility of the person eating or preparing the fungus for others. If it is apparent from a post that the fungus is for eating or smoking etc, the post will be deleted and a warning given. Although many members do eat fungi, no-one would be willing to take someone else's life into their hands.
Wood Wanderer
Frequent user

Are these Shanklet ?

Post by Wood Wanderer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi all

I am reasonably confident that these are one of the Shanklets but would appreciate confirmation.

I have ruled out C. cookei as there is no sign of a yellowish sclerotium but have no real idea how to decide between C. tuberosa and C. cirrhata

They are quite small at less than 0.5 cm across and were growing through moss under spruce, they appear to be arising from a sclerotium but not certain.

Can anyone offer an opinion

Regards

John
Attachments
DSC_0007-001.JPG
DSC_0008-002.JPG
DSC_0009-002.JPG
Last edited by adampembs on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no need to use inline attachments in this case

roy betts
Frequent user

Re: Are these Shanklet ?

Post by roy betts » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:54 am

Looks like one of those; what's that yellow thing in the 3rd image?
Last edited by roy betts on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wood Wanderer
Frequent user

Re: Are these Shanklet ?

Post by Wood Wanderer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:47 pm

roy betts wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:54 am
Looks like ne of those; what's that yellow thing in the 3rd image?
Well spotted Roy, have now taken my sample apart and found the yellow sclerotium from which they are growing, so I guess they are most likely C. cookei ...
DSC_0012-001.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
Thanks for the help

John