Fungus in mixed woodland

Please try to include photos to show all parts of the fungus, eg top, stem, and gills.
Note any smells, and associated trees or plants (eg oak, birch). A spore print can be very useful.
Forum rules
Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed. Any deaths or serious poisonings are the responsibility of the person eating or preparing the fungus for others. If it is apparent from a post that the fungus is for eating or smoking etc, the post will be deleted and a warning given. Although many members do eat fungi, no-one would be willing to take someone else's life into their hands.
Ernesto
User

Fungus in mixed woodland

Post by Ernesto » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:35 am

I have a found a couple of fungi in a patch of mixed woodland in Bedfordshire. I would appreciate any help to confirm (or reject) my suspicions. The first one I believe could be Rhodotus palmatus, I think that the log it was on was a felled elm. Unfortunately a slug had partially eaten the specimen between me first seeing it and getting the camera to it.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0032.jpg

Flaxton
Frequent user

Re: Fungus in mixed woodland

Post by Flaxton » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Yes that is R palmatus
Mal

Ernesto
User

Re: Fungus in mixed woodland

Post by Ernesto » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:22 am

Very many thanks for the confirmation Mal.