For jokes, random off-topic conversations etc
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Frequent user
- Posts: 1558
- Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:40 am
- Location: Pembrokeshire
Usually the second question you are asked by Joe Public when you are on a foray is "are they poisonous?" - the idea of edibility seems impossible to escape wrt fungi and yet not with plants. Here is a garden dedicated to poisonous plants.
This place is near were I live the chap that set the garden up a few years ago did a talk at our local Scottish Wildlife Trust meeting and it was fascinating but there were a few worried husbands by the end of the night. I have experience with hogweed it does not just have to be giant hogweed that burns your skin normal hogweed does too I had a terrible case of this after strimming a customers orchard I had a short sleeved tee shirt on and it went on my arms and neck I never thought anything of it until the next day it was very sunny so tea shirt again and the suns rays react with the chemical in the plant even if you have had a good bath I came up in massive blisters for weeks.