New here

Vendee
New user

New here

Post by Vendee » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:12 pm

I've just registered with this forum and thought I'd say Hi and explain my interest in fungi. So, cards on the table time, my big love over the years has been photography but over the past 12 months I've really enjoyed photographing the fungi that I find when out and about. I thought that maybe it was time to learn a bit more about my subject matter, hence why I'm here. I live on the edge of Thetford Forest in Norfolk so that is my usual stamping ground. If anyone is interested, my fungi shots are on my website http://www.giverin.co.uk/Funghi/index.html

JRS80
User

Re: New here

Post by JRS80 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:33 pm

Some fantastic fungi pics there! Welcome to the forum. I’m new here too. Have you considered joining a local fungus study group?

Vendee
New user

Post by Vendee » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 pm

Thanks. I'm not sure I have a local fungi group..... never checked. I think I'll just browse around here for now and gain a bit of knowledge first.

adampembs
Frequent user

Post by adampembs » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:34 am

Vendee wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 pm Thanks. I'm not sure I have a local fungi group..... never checked. I think I'll just browse around here for now and gain a bit of knowledge first.
If you tell us where you live (town or county will do, dont worry!) - we can point you in the right direction. Better still,add your location to your profile.
Adam Pollard
Site admin

Vendee
New user

Post by Vendee » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:33 pm

adampembs wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:34 am
Vendee wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 pm Thanks. I'm not sure I have a local fungi group..... never checked. I think I'll just browse around here for now and gain a bit of knowledge first.
If you tell us where you live (town or county will do, dont worry!) - we can point you in the right direction. Better still,add your location to your profile.
Thanks Adam. As I mentioned in the original post, I'm on the edge of Thetford forest in Norfolk.

adampembs
Frequent user

Post by adampembs » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Ah sorry, missed that!
Try this http://norfolknaturalists.org.uk/wp/rec ... oups/nfsg/

regards
Adam Pollard
Site admin