What are these mushrooms

Please try to include photos to show all parts of the fungus, eg top, stem, and gills.
Note any smells, and associated trees or plants (eg oak, birch). A spore print can be very useful.
Forum rules
Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed. Any deaths or serious poisonings are the responsibility of the person eating or preparing the fungus for others. If it is apparent from a post that the fungus is for eating or smoking etc, the post will be deleted and a warning given. Although many members do eat fungi, no-one would be willing to take someone else's life into their hands.
mushyroommonster
New user

What are these mushrooms

Post by mushyroommonster » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:37 pm

i found these small ones and i wonder what species they are and if they are toxic to humans or dogs/cats. They were found on my lawn 50%grass 50%moss
Attachments
C958541D-9D5F-4726-9CFF-DA0AAE803C40.jpeg

adampembs
Frequent user

Re: What are these mushrooms

Post by adampembs » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Welcome to Uk Fungi :)

Please take a moment to read HELP US TO HELP YOU TO IDENTIFY YOUR FINDS

We appreciate you might not be able to provide all these details, but the more the better chance we have of reaching an ID.Particularly, we need to see clear photos of the top of the cap, plus of the gills and stem.

Also please take a moment to read Edibility Requests

Best wishes
Adam Pollard
Site admin

Chris Yeates
Frequent user

Post by Chris Yeates » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Sometimes people's "humorous" nicknames don't help . . .
"You must know it's right, the spore is on the wind tonight"
Steely Dan - "Rose Darling"

Chris Johnson
Frequent user

Post by Chris Johnson » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:20 am

Chris Yeates wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:30 pm Sometimes people's "humorous" nicknames don't help . . .
You're generous ... I just find them stupid.

adampembs
Frequent user

Post by adampembs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:10 pm

mushyroommonster wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:37 pm i found these small ones and i wonder what species they are and if they are toxic to humans or dogs/cats. They were found on my lawn 50%grass 50%moss
I think you would get a more sympathetic response if you hadn't removed so many mushrooms. On here, we enjoy looking at and identifying fungi, like bird lovers like their birds and plant lovers like orchids. If someone posted photos of a dozen dead birds they'd shot or 30 orchids they'd pulled up, and asked in a birdwatching or plant ID group, it would clearly upset those people. I admit I'm being a bit over-dramatic, to make the point :) but there are rare fungi, and they have their part in the ecosystem. One or two fruitbodies would be fine and if you could provide the details needed from the FAQ, you would get a better response.
In terms of toxicity, there are lots of poisonous plants and people plant them in their gardens without even bothering to check toxicity. Fungi have been selected for special attention in this respect. Most people have no interst in fungi unless its for eating. Again, when you see a lesser spotted woodpecker, no-one asks "is it good to eat" or "is it poisonous."
Dogs have good noses, and apart from over-excited puppies, are simply are not interested. Cats are carnivores, they don't eat fungi.

regards
Adam Pollard
Site admin