Struggling with possible Lepistas

Please try to include photos to show all parts of the fungus, eg top, stem, and gills.
Note any smells, and associated trees or plants (eg oak, birch). A spore print can be very useful.
Forum rules
Please do not ask for the identification of fungi for edibility or narcotic purposes. Any help provided by forum members is on the understanding that fungi are not to be consumed. Any deaths or serious poisonings are the responsibility of the person eating or preparing the fungus for others. If it is apparent from a post that the fungus is for eating or smoking etc, the post will be deleted and a warning given. Although many members do eat fungi, no-one would be willing to take someone else's life into their hands.
annie
User

Struggling with possible Lepistas

Post by annie » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:18 am

Hiya all,

I would really appreciate some help with these two beautiful large fungi I found last week. I don't seem to be able to pin them down after consulting my books/online sources

The first was approx 12cm in diameter with a lovely rosy cap. Found in fairly shady spot in mixed woodland in the Surrey. No obvious smell. Sorry the photos are a bit blurry, I was rushing on my lunch break.

The second had a cap approx 9-10cm across. I found it under a single oak, in leaf litter next to open grassland. Again, no obvious smell. I could go back and take a spore print of this one later this week, but thought it would be a shame to remove it as it was the only one and others might like to see it.

I thought perhaps they both best matched the characteristics of lepista but the colouring doesn't seem to match the examples I can find.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!
Annie
20181214_145017.jpg
Attachments
20181214_145048.jpg
20181217_143430.jpg
20181221_152852.jpg
20181221_152901.jpg
20181221_152933.jpg