Compact/Portable cameras

Discussion about cameras, microscopes, stains, and gadgets, along with useful tips for preparation of fungi samples
Linda Quiltmaniac
User

Re: Compact/Portable cameras

Post by Linda Quiltmaniac »

Thanks so much. I will definitely look into that.
I am a nature photographer who has become fascinated by fungi. I live in The Chilterns in Oxfordshire and am trying to identify all the fungi that I photograph on a daily basis. I'm very grateful for any help you can give. Thanks!
galadial
User

Post by galadial »

Do folk still recommend the Olympus TG-6 for on-the-go macro fungi photography? Does anyone here have any experience of how easy the OLympus software is to use?
Flaxton
Frequent user

Post by Flaxton »

Still using the TG4. The same comment as earlier. Good camera for someone with little or no camera skills and tends to abuse the equipment. I see no reason why the TG6 should be any different
Mal
adampembs
Frequent user

Post by adampembs »

The only trouble with these cameras is the lack of a cover for the glass in front of the lens. This means you have to put it in a case after every shot or it gets scratched.
Adam Pollard
Site admin
galadial
User

Post by galadial »

People say that modern smartphones are as good as these compact cameras? Anyone have the TGx series and a smartphone with realwold experience?