Chris Yeates

alindsay
Regular user

Chris Yeates

Post by alindsay »

I don’t quite know where to post this, but sad news of our great friend Chris Yeates, a huge supporter of this website. A man with incredible curiosity and knowledge beyond my imagination. RIP.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1884374 ... 315076619/
adampembs
Frequent user

Re: Chris Yeates

Post by adampembs »

This is sad news indeed.. I'll miss his great contribution to this site.
Adam Pollard
Site admin
Lancashire Lad
Frequent user

Post by Lancashire Lad »

This comes as something of a shock - and very sad news indeed.

As many viewers on here will know, Chris was an exceptionally knowledgeable mycologist, and as already mentioned, someone who was always willing to freely pass on that knowledge to anyone with genuine interest in fungi.

Through several twists of fate, I never actually had the pleasure of meeting Chris, but over the years, through email correspondence and posts on here, in fact, from my very first tentative posts on the now long defunct Wild About Britain, as someone with no mycological knowledge whatsoever, Chris helped me to improve my mycological knowledge more than I could ever have wished for.

I send my sincere condolences to Chris's family and friends, and truly hope that the immense amount of work he has created over his mycological career will somehow be preserved and made available for the benefit of all mycologists present and future.

R.I.P. Chris - you will be sorely missed.
Common sense is not so common.
gary
Regular user

Post by gary »

Sad news indeed.
A big loss to mycology and this website in particular.
I too never met him in person but like Lancashire lad between correspondence and posts here felt I knew him .
Condolences to his family and friends.

Gary